Combine open bar with fun music and my boyfriend’s very large, very Italian family and I kind of had a little too much fun last night, hence the challenge post being up kind of late today instead of the usual 12 a.m. EST which I have been scheduling it for. It’s 9 a.m. and I am marvelling over orange juice and coffee if that gives you my state of mind right now. Alas, I am pumped up to talk to you guys about my book blogging quirks because I totally have some weird ones.This post is part of a 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge that I started because I was feeling burnt out and then inspired. Check out the challenge here.
Talk about your blogging quirks.
- I always format and outline my posts before actually writing them, because this helps me to organize my thoughts better, otherwise I would be going on lots and lots of tangents.
- I use a ton of run on sentences.
- I have different folders for the blogs that I read and I always, always read every other folder before favorites because I am that person who saves the best for last (I also did this last night at the wedding dinner with the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever had — I saved them right up until the end, like they were dessert).
- GIFs are pretty much my favorite and I almost always laugh over the GIFs I choose.
- I find that when I use a specific format for a review — like the question format for audiobook reviews — I have a much easier time getting them written.
- I always feel like my reviews have to be over 700 words and if they are not, then I feel like I am not working hard enough on my reviews, which is silly, but I just like to have meat and substance and for me, I need a lot of words to describe my feels.
- I am in a constant state of learning when it comes to coding, my blog, SEO, html, design. All of that jazz. I am okay with that, but I do try to incorporate what I learn constantly.
- After reading a book, I add it to my NEED TO REVIEW shelf on goodreads so I do not forget to write up a review, also I picture that shelf as a stern matron, you know, because I personify things.
So, those are my quirks and I am sure that they come across as confessions, but hey quirks are kind of like confessing things.
Do you do any of these things? Please tell me I am not the only weirdo out there.