I just looked at my calendar and realized that I leave for BEA in 3 weeks! One of my best friends lives in Manhattan, so I’m leaving for NYC on friday the 23rd to spend a long weekend with her before the conference. On Tuesday the 27th, I will meet up with April and Allison and start the BEA craziness. I’ve been feeling a little nervous because I don’t know many bloggers and I’m sure April and Allison will be spending a lot of time with bloggers they’ve gotten to know over the years. I posted on Jamie from the Perpetual Page-Turner’s BEA Question thread and she suggested I make a post with pictures of myself. I am taking her advice and also giving you 10 facts about me!
1. If you follow me on twitter @cassie_conant , you may already know this one. I run another blog called Running Journey about how I’ve gone from maybe running 1/4 of a mile to running 4 miles straight. I have my first timed 5k race this weekend, so I will definitely be putting up a post soon about that.
2. I love animals. I have to admit that cats are my favorite, but I have enough love to go around for all kinds of animals! I am the person that will cry if I accidentally hit a bird while driving. Anyway, if you love cats, find me at BEA and I will shower you with pictures of my babycat! π Also, I’m totally planning on waiting in line for Grumpy Cat!
3. My favorite show is Game of Thrones. I like to think that I would be in House Targaryen but an online quiz said that I belong in House Baelish. My absolute favorite character is Daenerys because she is such a badass. Let me know if you watch too, I could talk about this show for hours!
4. Perhaps I should mention my favorite authors? I mean this is a book conference afterall. Gayle Forman, Libba Bray, and Lauren Oliver are a few of my top faves. I’ve been lucky enough to have already met the three of them as well. Some other favorites are Tahereh Mafi, Jodi Picoult, and Sarah Dessen. If you see me, let’s talk books!
5. I tend to be shy around people that I don’t know. Because of this, I’m very unlikely to start a conversation. However, if you start one with me, I will gladly converse! Don’t be afraid to approach me, I’m just shy! π
6. I’m probably one of the most impatient people ever. Waiting in lines is going to be very tough for me. I keep hearing that they actually move kind of fast when you have people to hang out with though. If we are in the same line, I would love to chat! Don’t be alarmed if I’m practicly jumping in place, I’m just anxious and impatient!
7. I have a bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies. I also minored in Public Relations and Computer Art. I work full-time in a marketing position at an engineering firm. I would be happy to talk about my college career and how I landed a job before I graduated. If you already have a career, I would love to hear all about your job and how you got there!
8. I actually love video games! I currently game on my PC, 3DS, Xbox 360, Wii and very rarely, PS2. I’m currently very into Dragon Age: Origins. I’ve put about 33 hours into it and I’m still going! My favorite games are Dragon Age, Fable, Mass Effect, Harvest Moon/Rune Factory, and Zelda. Do you play games? Let’s converse!
9. I have braces. Fortunately, the top teeth have white/clear brackets so it isn’t super noticeable. If you can’t see my name badge but see a woman with braces that looks similar, it is probably me! Luckily I don’t have an ortho appointment until after the conference so I shouldn’t be in any pain! Oh speaking of name badges, don’t be confused that mine will say Cassaundra and not Cassie!
10. Who knew it would be so hard to come up with ten facts about yourself? I like to think of myself as a friendly person. I would love it if you recognized me at BEA and started a conversation. I will probably be wandering the floors like a lost puppy and will appreciate a friendly face! π
Bonus Fact: I have a tattoo on my shoulder of a portion of a quote commonly attributed to Mark Twain: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Do you have any cool tattoos?
Anyway, that’s all about me for now. Are you going to BEA? Let me know in the comments! I would love to get to know you! π