Y’all, we made it to Saturday! Hurray! I am so dreading next week though — it starts the beginning of my 12 hour work days and less time for reading. Boo. Although, I do get to move my extra hours around and take an extra day or so per week off, which is awesome. However, I don’t know about you guys, but half the time I end up wasting extra days off by vegging in front of the TV or doing a bunch of cleaning tasks instead of getting caught up on reading. Anyways, this week’s haul is incredibly awesome and thrills me beyond words, because I am a weirdo like that.
Losing It by Cora Carmack (Unsolicited) – I won’t even lie, that cover is fricken awesome. You guys, I actually am quite excited to read Losing It in all it’s New Adult sexytimes glory.
From Netgalley and Edelweiss:
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (Netgalley) – FRICK YES. I totally fist pumped over this approval, I can’t wait to see what Allie Sekemoto is up to. Also, I hope she leaves Zeke hahahaha.
This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (Netgalley) – I have already started this after finishing Also Known As yesterday. As expected it’s charming so far. A good bike read.
Rapture Practice by Aaron Hartzler (Netgalley) – If you know me, you know how interesting I find things like the Rapture, oh my goodness. So when I saw there was a YA memoir about that I was like OH HELL YES I NEED THIS.
Game by Barry Lyga (Netgalley) – After LOVING I Hunt Killers I cannot wait to see what happens next for Jazz Dent and omg his killer dad Billy Dent. CANNOT WAIT.
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch (Netgalley) – I am on the blog tour for this book hosted by Wendy at The Midnight Garden and I am beyond pumped up because Wendy said I’d like this because I liked Living Dead Girl and when Wendy recommends you something, YOU LISTEN.
Gameboard Of The Gods by Richelle Mead (Netgalley) – Fricken yes. You guys, I love Richelle Mead and one of the first phrases in the summary is RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS meaning they just used my own personal bat signal and I will be reading this in a timely fashion.
Levitating Las Vegas by Jennifer Echols (Edelweiss) – I might have yelled a little bit, but you guys I cannot wait to read this adult romance from Echols. It’s going to be awesome.
Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider (Edelweiss) – I got to participate in the cover reveal for this book and it’s one I am actually quite excited about!
Reboot by Amy Tintera (Edelweiss) – This book has a bad ass cover, and the concept is cool. I can’t wait to read it!
You Look Different In Real Life by Jennifer Castle (Edelweiss) – Ahhh reality TV, my favorite! Also, I met Jennifer Castle at a signing and she is lovely and awesome and yeah, I can’t wait to read this book.
Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – I went to Marissa’s signing at Oblong Books last Sunday and it was an utterly fantastic experience. If you get the chance to go to her signings, I highly recommend it. Also? I can’t help but respect a girl who knows her senshi.
Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols – Purchased from Oblong Books. I bought this because I loved Forget You and I had heart this one was excellent too. Plus, Shanyn is quoted on the back.
Bomb: The Race To Build — And Steal– The World’s Most Dangerous Weapon by Steve Sheinkin – Also purchased from Oblong. This book won quite a few awards at ALA and Maria, a librarian blogger said it was really good.
Purchased For Kindle:
Epic Fail by Claire LeZebnik – I bought this for $2.99, I thought I already had this but I didn’t and now I do. And omg, I love contemporaries and I do say epic fail quite a bit.
Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas – Ahhh this was $1.99 and I liked the Kleypas I have already read.
She-Wolves: The Women Who Ruled England Before Elizabeth by Helen Castor – I got this for $1.99 and holy moly you guys I was excited to see a book that’s been on my wishlist FOREVER go down so much in price.
From Allison at The Allure Of Books:
Aristotle And Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz – Okay this was such a big surprise that I had no idea was coming, but it showed up when I was having a super frustrating day and honestly serves as a nice reminder that I have people in my life who are amazing.
In case you skipped it or missed it, here’s a recap of what we’ve posted here last week:
- I am sad Velveteen by Daniel Marks didn’t quite get the attention it deserved, as it’s an awesome read.
- I apologize for being the laziest blogger ever, throw a bunch of recap photos in one post AND give away 6 signed YA books.
- That one time I read a book about wrestling and had a few reservations about it.
- OH MY GOD! Being so excited that you can’t hold your review back until closer to release date because you need to shout your love RIGHT NOW.
- All of the GIFs and my favorite characters from the classics.
- While reading The Reece Malcolm List, I definitely wanted to be Reece Malcolm when I grow up.
- Hell yes for creepy and awesome and world building and a strong character. Boo for a love triangle, or my review of The Madman’s Daughter.
- AHHH! Sarah Dessen wrote something SPECIFICALLY for THIS BLOG! AHHH! Oh, and I’m also giving away an ARC of The Moon And More.
- That one time I compared Sarah Dessen to sweatpants, aka the highest compliment I can give, or my review of THE MOON AND MORE.
- Allison is feeling THE WINTER BLUES so drop by and give her some advice, please.
- YOU GUYS NEED TO SEE THESE DEALS. Alert alert alert. They are actually GOOD ones.
- So, I read WILD AWAKE because all my friends were reading it.
- Today’s the Blogger Love A Thon and we’re celebrating with an interview of Jasmine Rose, the wonderful blogger at A Room With Books. <3
- Basically, I was bored with this book, but oh look a picture of me with an Easter Island statue. Holla!
Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.