1. Make $5,000 From Good Books & Good Wine. Okay, if I am being honest, I have never made anything even close to that from this blog – not even in those times when I had extremely great traffic. However, I believe in setting big AUDACIOUS goals, and that is my big audacious goal this year. Shoot for the moon, land among the stars, as they say.
2. Compete in 4 5k Races. So, last year my resolution was to compete in two and I smashed that goal to pieces and actually did it. I think I could double it and do it this year – especially because I have people in my life who like running and will compete with me. I would also like to lower my race time to 30 minutes.
3. KonMari My Apartment. Okay, so I had plans last year to KonMari my place, but then I got into this procrastination habit and never did it. I have to do it soon though, as I have plans to move hopefully as soon as March — having my place decluttered will only make that move way easier. Also – I like the idea of being surrounded by things that spark joy for me.
4. Learn How To Use My DSLR Camera. There are so many awesome resources out there to learn how to use a fancy camera. I am thinking I may invest in this class from A Beautiful Mess. I feel like learning how to use my camera properly will lead to better pictures which will lead to higher social media engagement which can only help propel goal number 1.
5. Film And Edit Four Vlogs Per Month. This is another audacious goal – given that I have not filmed a vlog for youtube since October 2015. However, I am thinking that with my awesome camera and light kit, I should totally get on finally filming videos.
6. Allow Myself To Write Fun Discussion Posts — Even When I Have Outstanding Reviews To Write. So, last year I had this morning routine that lasted for like 3 weeks where I wrote 10 ideas each morning for blog posts. They were essentially bookish posts that were not reviews. I have not written a single one of those posts because I have been more focused on writing my outstanding reviews and then I just get stifled creatively and at a standstill. I am excited to be more creative in 2016.
7. To Learn To Say No. In 2015, I said yes to quite a few things and just ended up really burning myself out to the point of not giving a single care. This year, I want to be able to say — thank you so much for thinking of me, but I am just not all that interested.
8. To Finally Watch Sherlock. TWITTER YOU HAVE GOTTEN TO ME. Also, Master Of None, a superb show on Netflix, recommended Sherlock as well and so, the time has come to view Benedict Cumberbatch solve some mysteries.
9. To Actually Eat Breakfast. This was a resolution a few years ago and I am resurrecting it, because lately I just drink coffee and call that breakfast and then eat 1000 calories during my lunch break. I am thinking maybe I need to find some easy go to food.
10. Meal Prep. Let’s be real, I am not going to be a meal prep expert immediately off the bat in the new year, but I do spend a lot of time on pinterest. Maybe I can learn to make some salads in mason jars for the week ahead to take into work. I could also maybe plan out my food for the week ahead so that Josh and I are not spending hand over fist on eating out. Last month, he spent $309 on eating out (most of that included me). There’s better uses for that money and learning to meal prep I think will help.
11. Open Up A Savings Account For Travel. Okay, so we have plans to open up a joint savings account for a trip to either Ireland or Machu Picchu. This is a trip that will not happen in 2016, but likely in 2017 — however, we have to save up the money first. SO, instead of saving for something sensible, we figure you’re only young once and travelling is something that changes your life — so it’s a great thing to put money toward.
12. Keep My Nails Painted. I have like 100 bottles of nail polish and use them like twice a year and I feel like if I do my nails myself all the time, practice makes perfect. Also, I feel like having painted nails is a thing that makes me feel good about myself.
13. Continuously Update Older Reviews So They Are In Ultimate Book Blogger Format and Yoast Optimized. Let’s be real – my best traffic is from search engine traffic and I would like to increase that traffic by optimizing and improving older posts.
14. Partake In Professional Blog Development. Okay, so this really falls under goal number one – but there are so many resources out there to learn about blogging and SEO and marketing and branding and I would like to continue my blog education. This is something I care about want to put more time into. Also, I think that learning to be a better blogger means that I am always open to learning new things and that my education is ongoing.
15. Read One Classic Per Month. I have a TON of classic audiobooks within my audible account and I love classics. I would like to make them more of a priority this year. Also, I feel like reading classics makes my vocabulary more awesome and I just feel more connected with history and with others. I mean, classic books are our heritage.
16. Be More Kind To Myself. I am often really hard on myself. I put a lot of pressure on myself. I get anxious. I get stressed. I let perfect be the enemy of good all the time in my life. I am that person who – if I fall off the goals wagon for a week, I am off the wagon for a month, instead of just giving myself a break and getting back on track the next day. I also engage in negative self talk all the time. I would like to stop that, and just be more kind to myself.