Man, I keep getting worse and worse about getting these posts up by midnight! Curse you, heat exhaustion! So, y’all, today’s post sounds like kind of a challenge, but I think it’s like brainstorming, it’s hard at first, but once you get going it’s like a non-stop gush of ideas, at least that is my hope. Today’s prompt is a quick listing of 15 things you like to see on blogs.†This post is part of a 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge that I started because I was feeling burnt out and then inspired.†Check out the challenge here.
Quick! Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!
- A clean layout — I love it when blogs are quick to load.
- No noises – oh my goodness you guys, I had to stop going to one blog because every time I clicked, this countdown widget started making these very loud noises.
- A search bar — I love when I know my friends have reviewed a book that I’m writing up a post on, the search bar makes it so easy for me to find it.
- Personal posts! I LOVE getting to know the blogger beyond the books they are reading.
- Rants. Seriously, I will always, always click a link to a rant or a discussion post on twitter.
- Intelligent use of GIFs, so basically I love hilarious GIFs, but to the point where one is painstakingly chosen, not here’s 17 GIFs in one post! But even then, if those GIFs have a point and are behind a jump cut, I am down.
- Reviews! I love reading all kinds of reviews on varied sorts of books.
- AUDIOBOOKS! Be still my heart, I love when bloggers talk about audiobooks.
- Theme weeks – I love when bloggers are creative and devote a week to a particular time. I can never seem to get myself together enough to do that, but I have a lot of admiration for people who do that.
- Humor – I love when bloggers have a great sense of humor and incorporate that throughout their posts.
- Personality – this goes hand in hand with humor, but I know that personally, I’d rather read a personal sort of review than a professional sort of review. Both have value for sure, but for me, personality appeals much more.
- Reviews of books that I love — I will always pause when I have mutual love for a specific book.
- Comment replies! YAY! COMMUNITY!
- Individualism – I love it when people do their own thing and DGAF (google it, ha ha).
- Passion – I love, love, love stumbling across a totally new blog and being blown away by that person’s passion for literature and books!
Now it is your turn, what things appeal to you? Do we have anything in common?