Old lady that I am, I passed out asleep around 2:30 a.m. EST. HOWEVER, I did end up finished 10 books for the Readathon and while they weren’t all adult, full length books, I am still really proud of myself because I got 10 books off my TBR pile and 6 books off my review pile in one day! That’s really something worth cheering about, friends!
SO the books I completed:
The Whispering House by Rebecca Wade – 263 pages – I really liked the heroine, Hannah, she’s smart and resourceful. I was hoping for maybe a make out scene, but then remembered this is middle grade and not young adult. Solid Halloween read, though.
Mistletoe & Margaritas by Shannon Stacey – 65 pages or 2 hours and 4 minutes via audio – Basically this was pretty steamy and adorable and I got a little embarrassed because during the more steamier scenes I forgot to put in earphones.
The Great Unexpected by Sharon Creech – 226 pages – I liked the meld of Irish folklore and the friendship between Naomi and Lizzie. Overall, a totally adorable read.
Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead – 180 pages – I loved this book, although it probably was not the best book to finish out with, because I felt kind of heavy at the end with emotions and such.
Listened to: I basically finished Mistletoe & Margaritas by Shannon Stacey. Then I started listening to Curse Of The Blue Tattoo by LA Meyer, because Katherine Kellgren is kind of the best thing to listen to after midnight between books, for like 30 minutes.
10 Books Completed
1750 Pages Read (including the two audiobooks I completed)
2 hours and 42 minutes of listening.
End Of The Event Survey:
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- How many books did you read?
- What were the names of the books you read?
- Which book did you enjoy most?
- Which did you enjoy least?
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I am 100% likely. I will be doing reader and unofficial cheerleading.