As a bibliophile, I totally have my own quirks when it comes to reading and books. I am sure that we’ve all got them, weird little things we sheepishly admit to.
FYI, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke And Bookish.
I Do Hereby Confess:
1. I ignore due dates. I know, I know. Yet, I rationalize this by saying that since I am happily paying the overdue fee in full with no complaint and taking responsibility for my actions, my extra money helps the library a little bit. Sigh. I AM SO AWFUL!
2. If a book has an animal in it, or more specifically a dog, I automatically feel a pit of dread in my stomach. Seriously, some books I just want to shove in the freezer because I am convinced the dog will die and I’m just not up for being emotionally manipulated.
3. When I begin a series in one format, I have to continue it in that format — i.e. audiobooks. However, this rule totally changes for re-reads. I am perfectly content to re-read series books via audio.
4. Every morning after I shower and have brewed a cup in my Keurig, I immediately hop on the computer and check Amazon’s Kindle Daily Deal. Usually, I do not end up buying what is on sale.
5. I hoard Audible credits the same way that dragons hoard gold. Seriously, I probably spend more actual money buying audiobooks on sale than I do on my listener plan — the one where you get 2 credits a month. I almost always have 12 credits in my account at a time, only using them just before my next 2 credits come in.
6. Break my book spines and I will imagine breaking your face. <3
7. Whenever I read in public, I feel a tiny bit of dread at having to explain the plot of my books at the inevitable, what’s it about question. ‘Oh you see this girl is like totally bland right, she thinks she is just the worst. Inexplicably these two dudes want to get in her pants. I KNOW. And of course, one guy is like totally perfect but a wet blanket, I kind of prefer the other. OH OH and they are mythical creatures.’ SEE! SEE! I have a case of dread, y’all.
8. You know how I’m always texting on my phone? Actually I’m totally reading Netgalley books with the Kindle app.
9. I get super irritated when my boyfriend tells me to clean my stacks of books off the floor. Yo, those are totally there for a picture for um, a readathon or a mailbox thing so buzz off. I will put them in a better location when I am done. JEEZ.
10. I am actually irrationally terrified that we will fall through the upstairs floor into the downstairs and die a horrid death because of the weight of all of the books I own. Like, this is a real actual phobia that I have and get real actual panic attacks that start me in a culling frenzy. I wish I was joking, but I’m not.