Five Reasons Friday is a brand new feature I’ve rolled out to shine a spotlight on my favorite book blogs. These are the blogs that don’t necessarily have the most followers, but continually impress me with their content. Please, do not email me asking to be featured as I don’t want to be put in the position of saying no.
This week I am featuring Allison at The Allure Of Books. This really should come as a shock to absolutely no one that I am featuring Allison. She is one of my best blogging friends and favorite people EVER.
1. Allison is pretty much my book soul mate. Several of my favorite books are ones that Allison has pushed on me. If you like my taste in books, you will love Allison’s taste in books.
2. You know how some days it seems like EVERYONE is reviewing the exact SAME book? You won’t come across that problem on The Allure Of Books. Allison reads a wide variety – nonfiction, YA, MG, romance, classics. Girl knows the truth about variety being one of life’s spices.
3. Sometimes it’s hard to be sure of how a person really feels about a book, or you may feel like you are being bullshitted. You won’t ever feel this way when you read The Allure Of Books, because Allison is honest in all of her reviews — which is something I really value as a reader.
4. You know how there is always that one best book you’ve never read or heard of? Well, Allison has read it and chances are you will discover it on her blog. Seriously, SO MANY HIDDEN GEMS have appeared to me because of Allison’s reviews.
5. Finally, and this is pretty personal, but I think Allison has a stand up personality. I’ve known her since before book blogging — since the days of goodreads when I was intimidated to ask her friendship because she always had such interesting insight on books. She’s genuine and real. She’s a wonderful person and someone whose friendship I really, really value. I wish I had more people like Allison at The Allure of Books in my life, because people like her make my day ALL THE TIME.