Last year, keeping up with my resolutions was like this:
I always felt like they were a bit out of grasp in some way, shape, or form. 2013 was a busy year for me, and it was filled with many personal ups and downs. I grew as an individual and was able become more focused and figure out my next life step which was one of resolutions for 2013. Also, maybe I was a bit too specific, and put too much pressure on myself with my goals so this year I’m going to be a bit more open ended, and see how it goes.
In 2014, I resolve to….
- Stay ahead of my assignments for graduate school: I am a queen of procrastination but I’m determined to learn some time management skills. Especially since I’m still going to be working while taking classes online. I also know that the online system will be different for me and will take time for me to adjust to it so I want to do as much as I can to make sure it all works out in a positive manner.
- Write one to two reviews for Good Books and Good Wine a week: Going back to graduate school, I know my time is going to focused on my school work but I still have to keep writing for the blog. Now April has put absolutely no pressure on me so this is something that I want to do for myself, and I can already hear her telling me “Don’t worry about it!” but, I feel as if setting aside time to write a review might actually be relaxing for me.
- Respond to comments on my reviews: This was a resolution last year as well, and last year I started out good and then proceeded to fail miserably. This year I’m going to try it again, and I think I’m going to approach it in a manner as to a way to continue to interact with the blogging community even though I’m going to be busy with school work.
- Listen to more audiobooks: I have a feeling that a way in which I may be able to keep up with my reading while in school is through audiobooks because while I do housework or if I need a break but don’t want to pick up a book, I can just put in an audiobook and relax as I listen to the scenes play out in front of me.
- Re-read more books from my childhood: I really want to be able to continue with my new feature that I started at the end of last year Saturday Schoolyard. I also think that if I’m able to read shorter books that may be less taxing on my brain when I’m busy reading textbooks and articles for class.
- Keep up the my Netgalley requests: I have a bad tendency to request books on Netgalley, and then wait until the last minute to read them before they get archived. I really need to stop doing this because it’s just so much pressure, and I know that I won’t be able to keep up with it while trying to do school work as well.
- Avoid snack foods and soda when I’m stressed because of school work: I know from previous experience that I am one of those people that goes directly to junk food when I’m stressed especially when it comes to school work. I would really like to try to avoid this if I can because I’ve become much healthier and actually been able to lose a bit of weight. I would like to see this trend continue even if my stress levels escalate.
- Keep up with my laundry: Guys, I have a confession. I’m horrible at keeping up with my laundry. I usually wind up having to do a bunch all at once because suddenly I’m running out of clothes or my clothes are taking over my room. I know it’s ridiculous and a bad habit so that is why I would really like to be able to change it in 2014.
- Keep reading and stay connected with the book blogging community:I want to keep you all in the loop as to what is going on with me. So be it twitter, or the blog, or perhaps even g-chat or emails if anyone would like to keep in touch that way, I’ll be doing my best to update you all on life and books.
- Have a life outside of graduate school work: One of the things that happened when I went to graduate school the first time was that I forgot how to have a life. I became completely dedicated to doing school work and attaining good grades that I kind of forgot what it was like to do other things. I would love not to do that this time around. I would love to be able to see friends even if it’s just to grab something to eat or spend time with my family for more then five minutes before I shut my bedroom door again.
What are some of your 2014 resolutions?
As always Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.