1. Drink 8 cups of water per day. For real, instead of swearing off soda or other drinks, I’d rather focus on things that seem like rewards rather than punishments. So, because water is free and good for you and your skin, I am going to resolve to drink A TON OF IT in 2013.
2. Complete Couch To 5K. Okay, lol this is a repeat of last year, but hear me out. The treadmill broke partway through the resolution and honestly going to the gym is a pain in the ass. Plus, I am not exactly the outdoors type. SO, now that our treadmill is fixed, I am resolved to do this.
3. Complete Run For Your Lives 5k. Oh my god you guys, this is that huge national 5k where people dress as zombies and run after you. AND it is being held like 20 minutes away from where I currently live, so I know I will absolutely regret it if I don’t do it. Plus, it gives me something to train toward with the C25k resolution.
4. Take pride in my appearance. This is totally shallow but I am a good looking lady and well it’s time to stop being a slob, sit up straight and show people that I take myself and my looks seriously. And you know this resolution is not to say that people who aren’t shallow like me are bad, they are not. It is just to say that it’s time I stop letting myself go, get back into shape and actually not feel self conscious in public.
5. Pay off my car. Okay, this is totally cheating because according to my loan booklet my car gets paid off this year.
6. Take the GRE and apply to grad school. I’ll be turning 26 this year and my one caveat of paying off my car loan will be fulfilled so it’s time to get my shit together and actually start the path toward a career.
7. Get to 1000 Book Reviews. Obviously with my goodreads challenge goal of 300 (I know! dies!) and my outstanding review needed count of 16, plus being at… 737 reviews (this includes 2 that have been prescheduled), I only need to read 247 books and review them in 2013 to accomplish this. ALSO, Allison will be writing and doing reviews too, so it’s not like we can’t do this and succeed and be awesome at it.
8. Write at least ONE discussion type of post per month. Seriously, I love love love reading discussion posts and I have been the captain of lazy lately and so, I think challenging myself to write something besides book reviews and memes will reinvigorate my passion for book blogging.
9. Work out for at least 1 hour per day 3 days of the week. This resolution is super specific, however I chose 3 days because with my job I teach a class at night which leads to me working 2 13 hour shifts per week, not including my hour long lunch break and commute time, so by the end of the day I am wiped out. Thus I don’t want to feel guilty about not working out on those days. The three days a week is totally doable, PLUS it is more than I worked out in 2012 — at least in the beginning. In November and December, I did fantastically with my fitness.
10. Finish all of my current Vine review books. Right now I have 17 Vine books that need to be read and reviewed. So, my goal is to read those 17 books and get them off my night stand. A few that I am really excited to read – Scent Of Power by Maria V. Snyder (I’m currently reading Touch Of Power), The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver, The Second Empress by Michelle Moran, and Hemlock by Katherine Peacock.
11. Finish 3 trilogies. There are 3 trilogies that I’ve read where I only have one book left to read — namely Chaos Walking, The Study Series, and The Wolves Of Mercy Falls. I love setting doable resolutions.
12. Film 1 TBR vlog per month. I really need to do this, because I have set my reading goal at 300, and so that divides out to 25 books per month and thus, I think having the accountability of a vlog will help keep me on track.
13. Reply to all comments on my reviews in 2013. Seriously, I don’t want people to come here and feel like they are just shouting into a void. Plus, interaction and building a community is one of the most awesome things you can do.
14. Read 20 Books From my Project Fill In The Gaps. Easily done, I have several of these books in audio form and a few are quite short.
15. Obtain 1000 likes on Facebook for Good Books And Good Wine. Only 198 more to go, and heck sometimes it’s nice to have a numbers related easily quantified goal.
16. Cull at least 100 books. I love getting rid of books that maybe I just don’t have loving feelings for anymore and finding room for new books. I am going to apply this culling number to ARCs as well. So far, I have pulled 3 books to get rid of, so 97 more to go ha ha.