Hi everyone, it’s Allison.
Reading books that actually make me think about something is honestly one of my favorite things to do. Often times if a book makes me think on an intellectual, emotional, or an intellectual and emotional level, it sticks with me for a very long time. I’ve been lucky to come across several books like this during my time as a reader. Here are a few of my favorites:
1) Desert Blood: The Juarez Murders by Alicia Gaspar De Alba (Goodreads | Amazon)
2) Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (Goodreads | Amazon)
3) Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught (Goodreads | Amazon)
4) Solar Storms by Linda Hogan (Goodreads | Amazon)
5) Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (Goodreads | Amazon)
6) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (Goodreads | Amazon)
7) Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (Goodreads | Amazon)
8) A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly (Goodreads | Amazon)
9) Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard (Goodreads | Amazon)
10) To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Goodreads | Amazon)
If you have not read any of these books, I seriously recommend you check them out! Trust me, they were well worth your time and your thoughts. Or if you have read any of them before, did they make you think? If so, what did they make you think about? Let me know in the comments and be sure to drop me a link to your Top 10 list!
As always Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.