Five Reasons Friday is a feature I’ve rolled out to shine a spotlight on my favorite book blogs. These are the blogs that don’t necessarily have the most followers, but continually impress me with their content. Please, do not email me asking to be featured as I don’t want to be put in the position of saying no.
Y’all, I feel so bad that it’s taken me FOREVER to do a Five Reasons Friday. It’s definitely not for lack of blogs to spotlight, but more like personal inertia. Le sigh.
Anyways, this week I am highlighting probably my best blog find of 2011 – Tripping Over Books.
1. First, Amy at Tripping Over Books is the sort of person I would LOVE to have a beer or a glass of wine with. She infuses her book blog with SO MUCH PERSONALITY OMG. Like, if we did a blind review test, I bet you could easily pick her review out, that’s how strong her voice is.
2. Who doesn’t LOVE JUSTIFIED ALL CAPS FANGIRLING? Clearly, I am a big fan of this and Amy fan girls all the best things, like Game of Thrones.
3. Yo, and speaking of all caps — Amy is not a lazy meme-r. You see, I found her blog via Top Ten Tuesday, because she actually has well thought out reasons posted for why she put certain books on her list. AND OMG I NEVER GET BORED READING HER MEMES as well as her reviews. Like if you want to know how to not irritate people with memes, check Amy’s blog out. I just love that she puts her personality even into the little things.
4. She appreciates the sexytimes. Like, no she’s not a pervert or anything. BUT when I read her reviews, I know that a slow burn is going to be pointed out. And as a dirty old lady, these reviews are invaluable for picking out what book to read next. I have a healthy appreciation for anyone who takes time out of their day to let their readers know when a slow burn is going to hit!
5. AND BOOM AMY SLAM DUNKS ON US ALL WITH HER GREAT TASTE IN BOOKS. Like, when she goes nuts over a book, like Croak I know that I need to get my grubby little hands on it, because her taste is eerily similar to mine. Girl appreciates good fantasy. And I just know that I NEED to read whatever book she is touting because she’s impeccable with her taste.