Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner came up with an awesome end of 2010 survey and OF COURSE I am taking it. As I used to rock out Myspace surveys back in the day.
1. Best book of 2010?
For YA it’s a tie between Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly, Nevermore by Kelly Creagh and The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness.
2. Worst book of 2010?
Owl In Love by Patrice Kindl… that’s creepy ya’ll.
3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010?
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev… I wanted to love this, but just couldn’t get past how mean Bertie was to Ariel.
4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010?
Crank by Ellen Hopkins. I thought I wouldn’t care much for Crank as it’s in verse, but I wound up loving it.
5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010?
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
6. Best series you discovered in 2010?
VAMPIRE ACADEMY is the deal.
7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010?
Jennifer Donnelly, Sherman Alexie, and Richelle Mead.
8. Most hilarious read of 2010?
The Absolutely True Diary of A Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, for realz it’ll break your heart while you laugh.
9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010?
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – omfg!
10. Book you most anticipated in 2010?
The Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. Duh. PLUS it was the end of a series and we know how often that happens (HINT: NEVERRRR)
11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010?
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey. If you look closely at it, there’s a hidden image of a pile of skulls and I love the colors and the creepiness really appeals to me.
12. Most memorable character in 2010?
Kate Carver from Plain Kate by Erin Bow
13. Most beautifully written book in 2010?
14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010?
Definitely Bottled And Sold by Peter H. Gleick mainly because I don’t drink bottled water anymore because of it.
15. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read?
Harriet The Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
Book Blogging in 2010 (optional)
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2010?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010?
LOL, definitely The Absolutely True Diary of A Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, I got to dress up as a book banner, scream about erections, and kittens.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
My favorite discussion post was my In Defense of Average Boys post. A)Because I find myself funny and B) Because I think something should be said for imperfection.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
This is tough. I’m going with the Cover Matters series on the Book Smugglers because straight UP white washing is full of suck.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
BEA, bro. Like that is EVEN a contest.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2010?
Hmmm…. there’s a lot. I’m going to go with SpeakLoudly.
7. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.) ?
OBLONG BOOKS!! I wish I had known there was a book store that hosts YA author signings only 2.5 hours away sooner. This store is awesome.