Hello reader friends!
The day is here. It’s the annual Dewey 24 Hour Readathon and I am so excited that I do not have to leave the house or go anywhere or do anything except read. I have an awesome stack of books ready to go. I did not prepare snacks or anything but I finally live some place where delivery is accessible and I’ve got audiobooks for reading on the go, if I need to leave the house for anything.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I’m reading from Central NY.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I am most looking forward to Lumberjanes and The Marvels. I really relish this time to be able to catch up on graphic novels and feel like I am accomplishing something huge.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I did not prep snacks — but I am really looking forward to my coffee and I do have some fresh strawberries that I just bought and cannot wait to read.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
My name is April. I secretly love non-fiction in addition to the young adult books that I ALWAYS have my nose in. I am having a love affair with pizza. I’m not at all a cat person, but I’m taking care of my boyfriend’s cat for the month.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I want to end up going to bed after 1 a.m. I did not last too terribly long during the last readathon. This year I hope to last for 20 hours. Perhaps that is a pipe dream, but I really hope I can do it!