Y’all, it’s the time of year I love best — BOUT OF BOOKS TIME! Actually, I just love any readathon. Anyways, I found out that I am totally not too late to join the party and so, after work and dinner I finished my very first Bout Of Books read today — The Beginning Of Everything by Robyn Schneider. AND I also ended up writing my review immediately after finishing. Yay productivity!
What’s Bout Of Books you say?
From the official website:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I think my favorite part of every Bout Of Books is choosing a pile of books to read, and you guys my pile has me filled to the brim with excitement.
- Across A Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund 450 pages, omg starting this RIGHT after I type this post.
- The Infinite Moment Of Us by Lauren Myracle 318 pages, lots of great reviews
- Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone 373 pages, Allison wants it when I am done, so it’s up to the top of my pile
- Out Of This Place by Emma Cameron 402 pages, Aussie book in verse
- The Watcher In The Shadows by Chris Moriarty 326 pages, awesome illustrations and a unique MG sequel
- The Sweetest Thing by Christina Mandelski 337 pages, I can’t stop looking at the cover, plus this is long overdue
- The Chaos Of Stars by Kiersten White 277 pages, this one’s short with a cool cover
- Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John 329 pages, this was gifted by Shanyn and it’s been sitting on my shelf for an embarrassing amount of time
Books Completed: The Beginning Of Everything by Robyn Schneider
Books Started: Across A Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
Pages Read: 290
Books Completed: none
Books Started: none
Pages Read: 319 – of Across A Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
Time Spent Listening: 2 hours of Quiet by Susan Cain
Books Completed: Across A Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
The Self Reward:
If I read all of the above listed books during Bout Of Books, I will plunk down the money to buy myself The Ultimate Book Blogger Plugin, so guys encourage me so that I actually do this.