Back in 2011, I did a post of 25 books I wanted to read and get rid of by BEA. I thought I might as well do that again this year, so as to eliminate the amount of time I waste looking to select my next read. Seriously, I waste A LOT of time. I also want to do this so that I can clear 25 more books out of my house. In 2011, what I did to achieve this was basically give each book a number from 1-25 and then would use random.org to pick my next read. I also took to asking twitter and facebook and friends what I should read from the pile, especially asking what’s quick. I have 41 days until I embark for the BEA, so I think this truly is achievable. I achieved it last time — although I did read 2 books early and had one DNF, ALSO. I did that in only 35 days with 2 adult books on my pile.
Here are my goal books:
- In Darkness by Nick Lake – Picked because it won the Printz also because I am a giant fail and got it from a previous BEA but haven’t gotten to reading it.
- The Hero’s Guide To Storming The Castle by Christopher Healy – Selected because I need humor and levity every now and again.
- The Revenge of the Girl With The Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg -For my contemporary fix. Also because I have a copy from netgalley as well, so I can knock that review off my NG queue.
- Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally – Everyone has read this except for me, I’d like to be able to show my face at different things without the shame of being the last to read this.
- Salt: A Story Of Friendship In A Time Of War by Helen Frost – Middle grade historical fiction free verse. And short.
- Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi – All my friends love this.
- Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood – Oh goodness, CANNOT WAIT.
- All I Need by Susane Colasanti – Quick contemporary with a summer vibe based on the spine.
- White Lines by Jennifer Banash – Hard hitting contemporary – I need a serious book every now and then.
- Tarnish by Katherine A. Longshore – I’m on a blog tour for this. ALSO. I loved her first book, Gilt.
- Belladonna by Fiona Paul – YES. I need to know what happens next. Of the Breathless Reads, Venom was my favorite.
- The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson – I am such a Sanderson fangirl, I cannot even.
- Flowers In The Sky by Lynn Joseph – Very short book with diversity.
- Yellowcake by Margo Lanagan – I’ve yet to try a Lanagan book and this looks short and accessible.
- Zebra Forest by Adina Rishe Gewirtz – Short middle grade, beautiful cover, and I know what to expect thanks to Kara at Great Imaginations.
- Monument 14: Sky On Fire by Emmy Laybourne – I liked the first book and this follow up looks short and quick and I’m pumped to reunite with the characters.
- That Time I Joined The Circus by JJ Howard – Basically a guilt read.
- False Memory by Dan Krokos – Obtained this at BEA 2012, failed at reading it.
- Furious by Jill Wolfson – Because the furies are awesome.
- How To Save A Life by Sara Zarr – Obviously, I need to read more Zarr. Also, I never did get around to this.
- Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley – All my trusteds liked this one.
- Siege And Storm by Leigh Bardugo – Um… duh…
- The Rising by Kelley Armstrong – AKA book crack.
- The Program by Suzanne Young – LOVE Suzanne Young’s books and am pretty sure I’ll whip through this one.
- Jepp, Who Defied The Stars by Katherine Marsh – Pretty much this was my most anticipated BEA 2012 book, and LOLOLOL I still haven’t read it, because I am the worst.
My other goals last time were basically to lose 10 lbs in 35 days hahahaha, which did not happen. So here’s my more realistic goal – I’d like to run 31.5 miles by BEA, and that’s essentially running 1.5 miles a day for a total of 21 days, which is easy and manageable and great for my health. I’d also like to get in at least half an hour of working out for 30 of those days. It’s not a ton of exercise, but I still have one of those 13 hour days today, am in Albany for Legislative Awareness next week, health fairs on the weekend. Basically, my work bleeds over into my free time. SO, I am planning to do something manageable to get healthy, and maybe bonus, a tiny bit more svelte. Like, I saw my latest vlog and felt kind of busted – reason being that the week before I was subsisting on a LOT of fast food instead of eating healthy and had like 4 sodas and y’all, for a person like me that adds up and one can tell. SO, any encouragement would be awesome. <33333 Sorry, maybe I disclose too much to you guys, but like, I feel most of you are my friends and friends are open with each other.