Yo, peeps. It’s the beginning of a LONG day of reading and having a blast with my community of book bloggers and readers by participating in the Dewey Readathon. Seriously, I LOVE this time of year. It’s one of the times where I feel so connected to everyone in the book blogging community because so many of us spend as many hours as we can during the Dewey 24 reading and cheering each other on.
First Book Read:
I know, it’s practically cheating, but you guys The Magic Finger took like 10 minutes to read because it has big print, lots of pictures, and oh yeah is like 50 pages and written for children.
Food consumed: Just coffee!
Listened to: Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi read by Scott Brick while typing this post for like 10 minutes.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Upstate NY HOLLAAAAA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The Invention Of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Pita chips and roasted red pepper hummus
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am a big fan of laughter. I always pick really short books for readathons to feel accomplished. I have some bizarre traditions when it comes to readathons — like I always have to read a Roald Dahl book.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I am trying to eat lighter, healthier food this readathon. Usually I snack on junk food and foods with empty calories during readathons. Today it’s all about the fruits and veggies.