Five Reasons Friday is a brand new feature I’ve rolled out to shine a spotlight on my favorite book blogs. These are the blogs that don’t necessarily have the most followers, but continually impress me with their content. Please, do not email me asking to be featured as I don’t want to be put in the position of saying no.
This week I am featuring Meg at Coffee & Wizards. Yo, I got some solid reasons you NEED to check Meg’s blog out like yesterday so listen up.
1. Coffee & Wizards is a relatively new blog. She started November 2011, but you guys — check the content, it reads like an old pro. Meg is awesome and I see great things for her future. You want to get in on the ground floor of this. TRUST.
2. So, you know how I love things like opinions? Meg does this feature every once in awhile called Unpopular Opinion where she basically gives her opinion on something that is contrary to how it seems the mainstream feels. IT IS AWESOME. And she just words her opinions so intelligently that as a reader/blogger, I am JEALOUS.
3. You know how I am often all RAH RAH feminism RAH RAH kick ass heroines. Dude, Meg is a feminist too and isn’t scared to show it. So if that is your thing you will totally find all kinds of books that will appeal to you on her blog.
4. ALSO sometimes a review just is NOT enough to get ALL OF YOUR FEELINGS OUT about a book. SO after Meg finishes a book, she sometimes does a discussion post on it and you guys, what a cool way to get all of the emotions out. I highly recommend stopping by those posts, because who doesn’t like talking books in depth? F’realz.
5. AND YO, sometimes as book readers, we do things besides read books, like watch TV or watch movies. DUDES Meg talks about TV and movies and uses GIFs so it isn’t boring AND she’s not an asshole with her GIFs, not that people are GIF assholes, but you know. I totally got sucked into her post on Beauty And The Beast — BECAUSE OF THE GIFS and well the subject matter,but still, Meg is absolutely a ball of awesome and winning and YOU NEED TO READ HER BLOG!