1. Drink a whole box of tea. Friends, every time I go to the grocery store and see an interesting looking box of tea, I snap it up. And now I have 12 boxes of tea in the pantry. Let’s hope 2012 sees that number reduced to 11 boxes of tea.
2. Complete Couch To 5K. This is cheating because I only have seven more workouts to go before I am officially a runner and have completed the program.
3. Eat breakfast. Usually breakfast for me consists of two cups of coffee. And I heard a rumor that breakfast starts your metabolism and if you eat it you will weigh less. So, I shall breakfast on. Also, to eat vegetables and fruit at least 3 times a week given how much I hate vegetables that will be a miracle.
4. Pay one of my bills off completely — either a college loan or my car or my credit card. I want one of my debts GONE.
5. Get to 600 book reviews posted here on Good Books & Good Wine. I am at 430 as of today, so I only need 170 which friends, is a piece of cake FOR ME.
6. Raise my blog traffic to 600 unique hits and 1,000 page views per day on average. Totally accomplishable if I fix my SEO on old posts and continue to be awesome and post regularly as well as comment regularly. In a dream world I would say 1000 unique hits but I’m not sure I am there yet. Maybe in June I will revise this.
7. Donate. In 2010 I donated over 50 books to my hometown’s library. I’d like to donate even more this year. As a book blogger who does receive review copies I can be a force for good in my community and get books into the hands of those who need them.
8. Join the No Outstanding Review Club. Basically this is the club where all of the cool kids hang out and I desperately want to be cool. So what this means is that I will get my need to be reviewed list down to zero and schedule things in advance like a grown up.
9. Read 5 Classics preferably from my Fill In The Gaps List.
10. Watch 10 movies from my Netflix queue. I pretty much pay Netflix to watch re-runs of The Office over and over and rarely ever watch movies from the queue. Yo, that is 7.99 I could be saving to just buy the Office DVDs, so I might as well do something smart and watch the movies that I added.
11. Start a feature showcasing other book blogs. Look, I think there are a lot of amazing blogs who don’t get the recognition they deserve because they aren’t throwing loads of free things into the crowd. I want to give those blogs generating quality content some spotlight.
12. Listen to at least 24 audiobooks. See, what I did there. I just made a resolution I can totally accomplish. I mean, come on, I drive a lot for my job and have my own office. I could probably accomplish this in six months. But I just want to be official with it!
13. Read and review at least half the books that I’ve requested previously from Netgalley. Yo, just because something is archived doesn’t mean I don’t have access. For example, a few books that I requested I got unsolicited paper ARCs for and a few others I can borrow from the library. I guess that means I am declaring myself for Netgalley January.
14. Paint my nails. Yo, I buy nail polish bottles on a whim but then never paint my nails because I feel it is a waste of time and because I am terrible at it.
15. Learn to cook another recipe from the Harry Potter Cookbook. I have mastered Any Nut Peanut Brittle, I’m sure I can learn one more.
16. Complete 31 Days To Build A Better Blog (by February) because this blog could always improve.