Five Reasons Friday is a brand new feature I am rolling out to shine a spotlight on my favorite book blogs. These are the blogs that don’t necessarily have the most followers, but continually impress me with their content. Please, do not email me asking to be featured as I don’t want to be put in the position of saying no.
Why should you be reading Shanyn’s blog?
1. Are you a contemporary fan? Shanyn is THE expert. Seriously, before I begin a contemporary book I always ask her what she thought of it, because 9 out of 10 times, Shanyn has read it.
2. Speaking of which, Shanyn is running some really fun challenges that I was too lazy to declare my participation in, like The Completely Contemporary Challenge where you read not ONLY frontlist contemporary, but BACKLIST contemporary, and friends I love a good backlist book. She also is running the Sophmore Challenge, where you read an author’s second book, which totally keeps the debut steam going.
3. Personality-wise, Shanyn is TOPS. Seriously, I know very few people as reasonable and level-headed as Shanyn. She thinks things through and usually shows me a whole new way of thinking about something.
4. THE FUN FIVE. Yo, are you sick of boring interview questions? Of REALLY LONG interviews? Stop on over to Chick Loves Lit and check out Shanyn’s succinct Fun Five interviews. She has a wonderful way of bringing out an author’s personality in her interviews.
5. Steve Reviews! Yo, so sometimes Shanyn’s husband Steve will review a book on Chick Loves Lit and occasionally that book is YA! And YOU GUYS it is really fun to get an adult male point of view on young adult books. I definitely look forward to Steve reviews. OH OH and a bonus factor that has little to do with this reason — if you follow Shanyn’s twitter, she posts pictures of her dog Peso who is legitimately a bundle of ADORABLE.