Today’s Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke And The Bookish is focused on the top ten authors I would die to meet.
First of all, I value my life way too much to die over meeting some author. HOWEVER, there are 10 authors that I would LOVE TO MEET.
1. The king of horror. I’d love to drink some beers and converse with Stephen King around the camp fire. I bet he’d have a great tale for the Midnight Society.
2. Neil Gaiman. I would geek out with my beak out over meeting him, if I indeed I had a beak.
3. I’m pretty sure JK Rowling is actually a wizard. Also I would like to ask her where my Hogwarts letter is.
4. I imagine Alexandre Dumas and I would bond over a bottle of wine and stories of adventure.
5. I bet if Agatha Christie was at my Stephen King camp fire the earth would explode with the melding of two genius authors, because she would do the mystery aspect and he would do the horror and WHOA.
6. You know how people occasionally get freebies in their relationships. Ya’ll look at sexy Jack Kerouac. I’d want to meet him in this stage, where he is lookin’ good and not corpselike. YES PLZ!
7. Patrick Rothfuss is someone who I imagine would be awesome to go shot for shot with while discussing fantasy novels. Also he has a badass beard.
8. T.H. White, look at his mug and tell me he wouldn’t be an awesome dude to have at a dinner party. ALSO ALSO, he wrote one of my favorite Arthurian retellings EVER The Once And Future King.
9. Marion Zimmer Bradley who wrote my second favorite author retelling EVER: THE MISTS OF MUTHAFUCKIN AVALON! Well, that’s not quite the title, but I remember loving her book so hard even though a certain student teacher tried to discourage me from reading it because of the sex scenes. UM, lady, those are my favorite bits!
Also MZB strikes me as feminist and I think we’d have a lot to talk about.
10. Owner of Hellhounds, writer of books with kickass female characters and creative retellings, I think Robin McKinley would be someone I could have coffee with.