Clearly, I am channelling my inner-Britney, who knows that ranch makes pizza taste 1000x better.
This week on Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke And The Bookish, the list is Top 10 Books You Want Santa To Bring You. Well, I have a bajillion books already, but these ones couldn’t hurt.
1. Batman: Year One by Frank Miller (and all the subsequent books in series)
Why? Well, A) I love the movies. B) It’s Batman. C) I have a hard time justifying buying comics for myself, even though I love them.
2. Fables: The Deluxe Edition Volume 1 by Bill Willingham
Why? See above. Also, it’s hardcover comics. I love my graphic novels in hardcover.
3. Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder
Why? I have read and owned the first two. I am a completionist and am dying to complete this series.
4. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Why? Brandon Sanderson, enough said.
5. Heir To Sevenwaters by Juliette Marillier
Why? It’s the Maril-ster. I jest. She’s awesome and I’ve only read the original trilogy as far as Sevenwaters goes, and for serious I wouldn’t mind a return to that world.
6. The Absolute Sandman Vol: 2 by Neil Gaiman
Why? A) Hardcover, SLIPCASED comics. B) Neil Gaiman. C) I already have the first Absolute Volume.
7. Sailor Moon manga by Naoko Takeuchi
Why? Nostalgia, mostly. Also, these were a bit of a gateway for me. Oh, and they are worth an obscene amount of money lately as they are out of print.
8. Dash And Lily’s Book Of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
Why? Pretty cover plus the Christmas setting.
9. Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
Why? I majored in history education and find this a fascinating theory of history.
10. Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris
Why? First off, Theodore Roosevelt is a BAMF. He is my favorite president EVER. Second, I want to be more knowledgable about how great he is.